banner

10 November 2012

This week's featured shop is Garters by Lori!

You can find Lori's shop HERE



What exactly do you sell in your shop?

I sell flask garters. I would like to eventually branch out into other fun products, but I have to find the time for it. 


What inspires you?


Just about anything that's bold, colorful, fun, or exciting inspires me.




What is your favorite thing to create?



My favorite thing to make is custom orders. When someone asks me to make something special for them because they cannot find exactly what they want. I find the new ideas and problem solving aspect of custom orders very exciting.




Tell us a little about you?



I am 26, a mom, a wife, a computer geek for the Army, a small business owner, and occasionally a student when I find time for classes.



How did your shop start?



After my daughter was born I wanted to put all sorts of hair clips and bows in her hair but I really didn't like how terrible all the mass-produced hair clips from china looked so I decided to make some myself. I enjoyed creating them so much that I just kept making them and making them. I started an Etsy store to sell them so that I could continue to make them. After awhile I realized that I didn't want to make them anymore. I wanted to make something more adult and more fun. Then I realized that I had everything I needed to make garters. I liked making the garters, but I really wanted to make something that was more fun. Then I decided to make a flask garter, not one that was all lace and frills like the others out there, but something that was more sleek and sexy. And that is where my flask garters came from :)




When you aren't crafting what do you enjoy doing?



Playing with my daughter or video games




Where else can we find your shop online?



I have my own website www.GartersByLori.com




How do you advertise?



I absolutely love Pinterest and Wanelo




What surprises people about you?



What surprises people most about me when they first meet me is that I'm a bit of a geek. The kind that loves anime, video games, computers, Star Trek, Firefly, D&D, and Magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment