banner

10 September 2012

Monday Team Member Spotlight

Welcome to our spotlight!  Today's featured member is Kristie from Aquarian Elegance.  Have fun reading her answers and stop by her shop!  Awesome!!

1. What is your name and your shop name?
My name is Kristie Lane and my shop is called Aquarian Elegance!


2. What do you carry in your shop?
I specialize in creating seashore inspired crafts such as seashell crosses, ornaments, photo frames as well as jewelry and accessories.
3. Who or what inspires you?
I love exploring nature, I gather much of my inspiration from the sounds and sights at the beach.
4. What is your favorite item to create?


My favorite item to create would be my seashell crosses. I spend a lot of time on detail. Every cross is unique.
5. Tell us a bit about you, the creator behind your shop.
My hubby is a United States Marine stationed in Virginia Beach, we spend a lot of time there combing the sand for shells. I am a stay at home Mama of 2 silly and sweet boys with another little one on the way, due in late February. After my critters go to sleep, I have "Mama Time" between 8pm and midnight to work on all my crafts.



6. How did you get started creating your product?
I have always been interested in crafting and jewelry making. After my second son was born, I started shopping for supplies and coming up with ideas. I launched Aquarian Elegance in July 2011. It is a registered, licensed and official small business in Virginia. I am currently only selling online and I do various craft shows and festivals throughout the year. I hope to one day sell in gift shops and boutiques.


7. When you are “off” what do you enjoy doing?
I don't really have planned times where I sit down to create. I constantly have ideas flowing and whenever I get the urge I will simply create so in my mind I am always working on either an idea or a craft is in process. I am always busy with the boys going to local parks and beaches. We love to go shopping or just simply snuggle up and watch movies at home.
8. Any other places that you can be found online?
I have two facebook fan pages, one for my main shop, the other for my kids line, check them out!
www.facebook.com/AquarianElegance
www.facebook.com/AE4Kids
I am on twitter:
twitter.com/AquarianGifts
I also have a blog!
aquarianelegance.blogspot.com/


9. How do you promote your shop/business
I am on Etsy all day every day actively participating in my groups along with browsing. I do a lot of promoting on facebook. I have business cards that I send out with every order as well as brochures that I pass out at craft shows.
10. What would surprise people about you?
I think the number one thing that surprises people about me is the fact that I have 2 children under the age of 5 and another on the way, when they see my booths at the craft shows, the question I get most is "Did you make all of this and how do you do it with the kids?!" My reply is "Mama Time!"

2 comments:

  1. This is great! Thank you so much for featuring my shop! <3 Squared Away Team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you, Kristie! Your jewelry is beautiful and unique, love it!

    ReplyDelete